Saturday, November 5, 2011

Chicken meatballs in gravy

(Archived from Nuts & Sprinkles)

As I've been actively cooking, I'm beginning to wean off religiously following recipes and putting dishes together on my own. I do this only when I'm cooking day-to-day stuff so my experiments don't bomb on guests ;) Instead, the hubbs gets to be the loyal guinea pig! If the dish comes out well, I write it down immediately before I forget what went into it.

So, I'd made meatballs before by following a recipe. This time I decided to trust my instincts. And voila, it was quite yummy! I even got the nod from 'pro chef' hubby. Here's how I made it.


Ingredients:

For the meatballs:
500 gms Minced meat
1 Egg
½ cup Breadcrumbs
Few sprigs of Coriander leaves
½ teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Ginger-garlic paste
½ teaspoon Roasted garlic and herb powder
½ teaspoon Garlic powder 
For the gravy: 
1 teaspoon Olive oil
1 cup Minced tomatoes
1 medium Onion finely chopped
1 teaspoon Ginger-garlic paste
½ teaspoon Cayenne powder
1 teaspoon Coriander powder
½ teaspoon Curry powder
¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
1 ½ cups of Chicken broth
½ cup Heavy whipping cream
Salt to taste
Mix all the meatball ingredients together, make 1-inch sized balls and keep aside. 

Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onions. Add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a minute. Add the tomatoes, salt, curry powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and a little water and fry till tomatoes are tender and mushy. Pour in the chicken broth and mix well.

Gently add in the meatballs, cover and cook for 20-25 minutes on medium heat. Add the thick whipping cream. Check salt level and add if necessary. Mix well, cover and cook for another 5-10 minutes to let the meatballs absorb some of the cream too. (If the gravy is too watery, cook on high till it gets thicker. Be careful to stir regularly otherwise the bottom might get burnt.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anything yummy to say? I love hearing from you! Every time you leave me a comment, I do a happy dance in my kitchen, unless you've got something nasty to say. So, please be nice if you want to see a Beetle dance in her kitchen. :)

Beetle's Most Popular