Saturday, November 5, 2011

Peach & Blueberry Crumble

(Archived from Nuts & Sprinkles)

I've been collecting and trying out recipes to add to my blog for a while now but just haven't gotten around to posting them. I know, my bad! This one is a dessert I'd tried sometime back and was very happy with the way it turned out. It's a recipe I saw on the Food Network by Ina Garten. Ina is one of my favourites to watch since she makes everything look so simple yet delicious. She's the kind of homely cook that exudes something very warm about her.

Ok, moving on with the dish. The recipe calls for blanching peaches so you can get the skin off easily. Did not work for me. At all. I felt like a kitchen dummy when the skin stayed put to the peach whereas Ina's slid off effortlessly. That didn't stop me though. I was hell-bent on showing the peach that it takes more than that to make me crumble (yes, I'll accept that was a lame pun :P). And don't worry, I didn't have a secret conversation with the peach. Seriously.

Once I got past the blanching hiccup, the rest was easy-peasy. So, here's the recipe and a few pictures for all of you. Bon Appétit!



Ingredients & directions:

  • ¼ pound of unsweetened butter, chilled and diced 
  • 1 cup flour 
  • 1/3 cup sugar 
  • ¼ cup brown sugar 
  • 1/4 tsp salt 
  • ¼ tsp cinnamon 
Mix the dry ingredients first, then add the butter and set aside. 
  • 2 pounds peaches 
  • 2 tsp lemon zest 
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice 
  • ½ cup granulated sugar 
  • ¼ cup all-purpose flour 
  • 1 cup blueberries 

Preheat the oven to 350 Deg F.

Poach the peaches in boiling water for 1 minute, take them out and put them in cold water immediately to blanch them. Gently peel off the skin. Core and cut peaches into 1/2 inch-wide wedges.

Sprinkle the lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar and flour. Add the blueberries, mix all together and put in baking bowl or ramekins.

Top with the crumble mixture set aside earlier. Bake in oven for 40-45 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anything yummy to say? I love hearing from you! Every time you leave me a comment, I do a happy dance in my kitchen, unless you've got something nasty to say. So, please be nice if you want to see a Beetle dance in her kitchen. :)

Beetle's Most Popular