Saturday, November 5, 2011

Creamy Cheese Sauce for Pasta

(Archived from Nuts & Sprinkles)

What do you do when you have to make a meal appealing to a 4-year-old? Dump oodles of cheese in it, of course. And that's what I did when I decided to make a creamy sauce for pasta for my niece who was coming over for a night stay. You can't go wrong with cheese and pasta. And I was right. The little munchkin ate this without a fuss. Well, even the hubbs and I couldn't get our paws off. So, thought I'd share this recipe with you and wish you many merry cheese-y meals!



Ingredients:

  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour 
  • 2 tablespoons butter/olive oil 
  • 1 1/3 cups chicken stock 
  • 2/3 cup light cream/low fat milk 
  • ½ tomato pureed 
  • ½ cup Parmesan cheese 
  • Salt and pepper to taste 

Mix chicken stock, cream/milk and pureed tomatoes and keep aside.

Heat oil and add the flour to it and cook for a minute. Remove from heat and slowly add the liquid mixture, continuously stirring to avoid formation of lumps. Place it back on the stove on medium heat and stir till it thickens. Add the cheese and let it melt in.

Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix with your favourite cooked pasta and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anything yummy to say? I love hearing from you! Every time you leave me a comment, I do a happy dance in my kitchen, unless you've got something nasty to say. So, please be nice if you want to see a Beetle dance in her kitchen. :)

Beetle's Most Popular