Monday, November 7, 2011

Molten Chocolate Cakes

Hola! I have finally finished designing my new blog. Going by how many design changes my other blog, Nuts & Sprinkles, went through in the course of a few months, I'm sure I'll be tweaking and changing things around here as we go.

So, welcome to anyone who's reading this. If you're coming from my other blog, I'm glad that you're here and I hope you'll continue following me here too. If this is the first time you've visited any of my blogs, here's a hearty welcome and I hope you'll stay beyond the first visit so we can swap stories/ideas.

This blog will chronicle my food adventures - the good, the bad and the ugly. Since I had already put up some recipes on my other blog, I moved most of them here so I have a record of all my recipes in one place. Feel free to run through any one of them.

For my first recipe on this blog, I decided to try my hand at molten chocolate cakes from my Betty Crocker book of cupcakes. They turned out quite yummmm! I may have over-baked them a tad because the walls of the cake were a bit thick. I have a feeling the baking tray I placed my cups on may have been the reason. The recipe calls for a cookie sheet with sides but, mine were just the normal cookie sheets. I'll try taking them out a bit early next time. Hope that works. Anyway, for now, I hope you enjoy this recipe. Bon Appétit!



Ingredients:

  • Unsweetened baking cocoa
  • 6 oz semisweet baking chocolate, chopped
  • 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
  • 3 whole eggs
  • 3 egg yolks
  • 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour


Directions:

Heat oven to 450 deg F. Grease bottoms and sides of 6 custard cups with shortening; dust with cocoa. In a saucepan, melt chocolate nad butter over low heat, stirring frequently. Cool slightly.

In large bowl, beat whole eggs and egg yolks with whisk or egg beater until well blended. Beat in 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar. Beat in melted chocolate mixture and flour. Divide batter evenly among custard cups. Place cups on cookie sheets with sides.

Bake 12-14 minutes or until sides are set and centers are still soft (tops will be puffed and cracked).

Let cakes stand in cups 3 minutes. Run small knife or metal spatula along sides of cakes to loosen. Immediately place heatproof serving plate upside down over each cup; turn plate and cup over. Remove cup.

You can decorate whichever way chocolate cake speaks to you and add your own garnish. I topped my lava cakes with Cool Whip and sliced almonds. Yum!


1 comment:

  1. Hey..Ritz...looks yummy!I had saved a few molten choc recipes to try out for christmas.Now as this is tried and tested authentically by our beetle..this is THE recipe I'm gonna use!Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete

Anything yummy to say? I love hearing from you! Every time you leave me a comment, I do a happy dance in my kitchen, unless you've got something nasty to say. So, please be nice if you want to see a Beetle dance in her kitchen. :)

Beetle's Most Popular